The wealth of knowledge from decades of experience in running Pregnancy Exercise Classes is gold, and is passed on in class. Teaching what effect pregnancy has on the muscular skeletal system, her methods are tried and true. “I know what exercises are safe, which to avoid, how to strengthen the muscular skeletal system in an ever growing, ever changing body and how to counter natures softening preparation of the joints of the pelvis for birth. My exercises will keep you strong for the whole 9 months.”
Exercising right up till 40 weeks gives a great start for those early few weeks when you and baby are getting to know each other and there is little time for anything else.
Active birth needs strength and flexibility and using specific movements for first stage labour. Jane’s Pregnancy exercise program prepares you for this. Pregnancy heralds the start of a new life for you and her Pregnancy Exercise class is designed to help you adapt safely, to stretch and tone your ever changing body.
Aims of the Pregnancy Exercise class
- Develop or maintain core stability
- Maintain or improve control of your tummy muscles
- Heighten pelvic floor awareness and control
- Learn self management techniques for back pain
- Learn how to cope with common aches and pains of pregnancy
- Implement safe postures for lifting and bending
- Develop strength for active labour
Pregnancy aquarobics are scheduled to begin in July at the Wolper Hospital Woollahra.