Attitude to aging is key. “How proud am I of my fit Fitseniors. My motto for the Fitseniors class is, yes, we can turn back the clock”. Fitness potential can be called our PB -personal best, but you need to work at your own pace, never exercising in the presence of pain. Inspired by each other, many of the Fitseniors class have been attending for over 10 years and all attest to the fact they are stronger and more flexible, for some more so than they have ever been. The pelvic floor needs 24/7 attention, many need to learn how to do an effective contraction, to learn where are these muscles and then how to integrate core support into daily life.
“I have my own aches and pains and I am learning how exercise is supportive, is soothing and how I can reach my own fitness PB, while living my life to the fullest.”
Falls Prevention is an integral part of the Fitseniors Program where the first 30 minutes are dedicated to specific “Falls prevention” exercises. Improving your balance is possible in the aging adult and will happen through daily practice.
Aims of the fitseniors exercise class
- Know our bodies better and to preserve the flexibility and strength we have now
- Learn about core stability and which muscles to tone
- Have a strong functional pelvic floor
- Learn where there is stiffness and then which exercises are appropriate to restore movement
- Learn the basics of spine care and back pain prevention
- Learn safe bending and safe lifting techniques.
Previous experience with exercise
Those who have never attended an exercise class will find the personal attention of the fitseniors exercise session a safe and manageable exercise experience.